What is VSPS?
Veterinary Services Process Streamlining (VSPS) provides a consistent
and standard method of data capture at all levels and provides data dissemination
to the appropriate existing databases. This provides a more comprehensive
analysis tool for animal tracking and disease analysis which in turn, would
allow VS to respond quickly to any threats to animal health in the United
Once data is captured, targeted information is shared with the VS community
to include VS personnel, Accredited Veterinarians, State Animal Health Officials,
Importers, Exporters, Brokers, and Agents. Each member of the VS community
is able to utilize and analyze data for their particular needs.
In addition, VSPS:
- Links additional data or data sources that are needed to analyze animal/animal product flow with respect to risk of disease.
- Integrates with the Government Paper Elimination Act (GPEA) and International Trade Data System (ITDS) eGovernment initiatives.
- Provides a one-stop 24/7 source of information for individuals and businesses participating in the international movement of animals and animal products.
- Provides individuals and companies involved in the international trade of animal and animal products an electronic format to secure necessary certifications/endorsements;
completes required forms not in the APHIS ePermits System; and provides information about the requirements and regulations relevant to the commodity of interest.
- Enhances or replaces currently used forms with electronic means of capturing and storing the same data.
- Minimizes duplication of efforts through further development of stovepipe systems.
- Supports the automation and better management of the various core processes that keep VS running.