How do I register for a VSPS account?
To use VSPS, you will need to create a USDA eAuthentication account (if you don't have one already).
Next you will match your VSPS profile to your eAuthentication account.
If you don't have a VSPS Profile already you will need to create one.
You will only need to match your VSPS profile and eAuthentication account
one time, after that your eAuthentication credentials
will log you in to VSPS automatically.
Follow these steps to create your account and profile.
Note: this process will take you back and forth between VSPS and the eAuthentication website.
- If you already have an eAuthentication account, go to Step 3.
- If you do not have an eAuthentication account, go to http://www.eauth.egov.usda.gov/
and apply for Level 2 access. Once you get an eAuthentication user id and password, proceed to Step 3.
- Go to the VSPS login page at https://vsps.aphis.usda.gov/vsps/public/Login.do
and click the "Login" button.
- You will be taken to the USDA eAuthentication "Warning" page. Click on the "Continue" button.
- You will be redirected to the USDA eAuthentication Login page. Use your eAuthentication user id and password to logon.
- Follow the directions to let the system match your login to an existing VSPS profile (if you were an
accredited veterinarian before October 3, 2005) or to create a new profile.